UAS Solutions for Agriculture & Natural Resource Management
Management of natural resource and agriculture land is a primary concern for AggieAir researchers. Effective management allow land users to make beneficial and cost effective decisions. AggieAir aerial remote sensing systems aid in competent management. AggieAir strives to push the boundaries of UAS technology and development.
- Design of long range electric UAS for rugged environments
- Research and testing of high reliability UAS architecture
Safe & Practical UAS Integration into Manned Airspace
Safety is the top priority for UAS operations in manned airspace. AggieAir systematically approaches safety by, engineering solutions for the technical, logistical, and regulatory challenges.
- Develop best practices for communicating with manned aircraft in congested airspace and nearby airports
- Develop flight operations for missions above 400ft
- Integrate safety technologies such as of ADS-B into routine flight operation for airspace awareness
- Solve the technical, operational, and regulatory hurdles for regular beyond line-of-sight operations
- Solve logistical and technical challenges of highly coordinated multi-UAS flight operations
Aerospace Practices Applied to UAS
AggieAir applies best aerospace practices to small, unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Secure communication (telemetry) datalinks
- Aircraft power system with individual LiPoly battery cell monitoring
- Test standards and application of aerospace grade connectors, electronics, manufacturing processes, and maintenance processes to small civilian UAS