- M.S., Civil Engineering, Utah State University, Logan, Utah, 1987
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Utah State University, Logan, Utah, 1986
- Registered Professional Engineer in Utah.
- Department of Defense Security Clearance.
- Research Assistant Professor, Utah Water
Research Laboratory - Civil and Environmental Engineering, Utah
State University, Logan, Utah. 2006-Present.
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
course instructor for undergraduate
and graduate students, Utah State University, Logan, Utah. 2006-Present.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental
Engineering, Utah State University, Logan, Utah. 1999-2006.
- Senior Engineer, Utah State University Research
Foundation, Utah State University, Logan, Utah. 1996-2006.
- Consulting Engineer, Tullis Engineering Consultants,
Logan, Utah. 1992-1997.
- Research Engineer, Utah State University Research
Foundation, Utah State University, Logan, Utah. 1987-1996.
- Research Assistant, Utah Water Research Laboratory,
Utah State University, Logan, Utah. 1986-1987.
- Research Assistant, Department of Agriculture
and Irrigation Engineering, Utah State University, Logan, Utah.
View latest resume. Need Acrobat
Research and Consulting Experience
Have written over 700 testing reports and proprietary reports as a result
of research and consulting experience.
Hydraulic Structures and Physical Model Studies
- Extensive experience performing hydraulic structure physical model
studies on dams and spillways, pumping pits, power plant intakes,
erosion control issues, channels, spillway basins, gated structures,
control structures, outlet and energy dissipation structures, fish
screens, bypasses, sewer and storm water systems.
- Principle investigator or team member on more than 100 physical
models of hydraulic structures.
Flow Measurement and Calibration
- Personally responsible for over 1000 flow meter calibrations since
1987, which culminated in the authorship of over 400 flow meter test
reports. These calibrations included: ultrasonic, venturi, nozzle,
turbine, orifice, insert probe, magnetic, v-cone, coriolis, pressure
differential, open channel and velocity probe type flow meters.
- Consultant for flow meter applications, installation, design
and field problems.
- Consultant for field flow rate, velocity profile and loss coefficient
Valve Performance and Analysis
- Performance test experience on most types of control valves and
check valves including: detection and quantification of cavitation,
determination of size and pressure scale effects, cavitation suppression,
torque measurements, leakage tests, cycle tests, wear tests, and
discharge and loss coefficient tests.
- Valve cavitation computer programs.
- Witness of on-site valve testing.
Hydraulic System Component Testing, Design, and Analysis
- Laboratory friction loss and minor loss measurements in high
density polyethylene drainage, PVC, concrete, corrugated steel,
carbon steel, and cast iron pipe and fittings.
- PVC pipe and fitting pressure, cycle and burst testing and witness
- Analysis of system design, pipe transients and failures.
- Hydraulic system design.
Updated: June 28, 2006