Several projects conducted by the UWRL, including many that are funded from sources other than Mineral Lease Funds, have substantial education, outreach, and training components. Resources proviced by Mineral Lease moneys are sometimes used to enhanced the development of training modules or educational materials, sometimes to provide technical suport to Utah State agencies on water-related issues (such as the State Attorney General's Office in litigation involving liability assessment in hazardous waste problems), and development of curricular materials for use in K-12 education programs in the state.
- Development and Maintenance of the Bear River Watershed Information Sytem
- High-Speed River Dynamics Modeling Using Graphics Processor
- Instrumentation to Support a Center for Hydrologic Information Systems
- Real Time Monitoring Internet Portal for the Utah Water Research Laboratory
- Salt Lake Valley Solid Waste Management Council
- Statewide Nonpoint Source Pollution Education Related to On-Site Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Utah On-Site Wastewater Treatment Training Program