Selected Papers and Publications
The following is a select list of papers and publications of Utah Water Research Laboratory hydraulics personnel available for download.
Hydraulic Structures Analysis & Modeling
- Discharge Coefficient Analysis for Flat-Topped and Sharp-Crested Weirs. Irrigation Science, 19:133-137, 2000. Johnson, Michael C.
- Flow over Ogee Spillway: Physical and Numerical Model Case Study. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol. 127, No. 8, August 2001. Savage, B.M. and Johnson, M.C.
- Hydraulic model testing for dam safety. Association of State Dam Safety Officials Annual Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, September, 1997. Barfuss, S.L., Tullis, J.P. and King, J.R.
Hydraulic Testing & Calibration
- Application of Butterfly Valves for Free Discharge, Minimum Pressure Drop, and for Choking Cavitation.
- Determination of Resistance Due to Shrubs and Woody Vegetation. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Engineer Research and Development Center, ERDC/CHL TR-00-25. October 2000. Freeman, Gary E., Rahmeyer, William J., and Copeland, Ronald R.
- Laboratory Qualification for Testing Cavitation. Rahmeyer, William J. and Cain, Fred.
- Performance of Venturi Meters. Journal AWWA, 98:4, April 2006. Bradford, J.E., Johnson, M.C., and Gilbert, J.G.
- The Dynamic Testing of Check Valves. Paper presented at the Nuclear Industry Check Valve Group, 1996 Winter Meeting, St. Petersburg, FL, December 4, 1996. Rahmeyer, William J.
- The Testing Procedures for Loss Coefficients, Dynamic Torque, and Cavitation. Appendix A. Control Valve Testing Procedures and Equations for Liquid Flow.
- Valves to get out of a fix. International Water Power & Dam Construction, July 2001. Johnson, M.C., Sagar, B.T.A, and Bergquist, J.