- Physical and numerical modeling and testing
- Hydraulic computer model development, calibration, and simulation
- Analysis and certification of pipeline controls and measurement systems
- Hydraulic structures analysis and modeling
- Physical model studies
- Hydraulic structures
- Hydraulic testing and calibration services
- Ultrasonic meters
- Venturi meters
- Flow nozzles
- Turbine meters
- Insert probes
- Magnetic flow meters
- Turbine meters
- Coriolis meters
- Open channel measuring devices
- Velocity probes
- Hydraulic field services
- Flow measurement
- Open channel velocity profiling
- Third party witness testing
- Engineering consulting services
- Flow meter installations
- Pipe system problems
- Dam and control structure issues
- Cavitation damage
- Many other hydraulic problems
Hydraulics Modeling Laboratory
Exclusively for physical models
- Triples the UWRL’s capacity for large models.
- Models as large as 56 ft by 140 feet.
- Model flow rates of 130 cfs.
- Model reservoir depths of 6 feet.
- Overhead crane system.
- Five large overhead doors.
- Indoor access for large trucks.
- Equipment access to all model components.
- High bay for overhead views and photography.
- Efficient lighting, no shadows.
Large (close to prototype size) models
- Less distortion due to differences in friction and viscous effects.
- Increased accuracy of modeling vortices and surface disturbances.
- Better correlation with and calibration of numerical models.
Building security with restricted access
- Unlimited use of laser (PVT) measurement systems.
- DOD, DOE, and Homeland Security projects.
- Testing independent of other hydraulics lab.
- Indoors testing independent of weather.
- Testing independent of irrigation canals and river demands.
- Testing 24-7.
- Constant head and steady flow capacity.
- Long duration model runs with simulation of hydrographs.
- Constant water quality and temperature.
Better quality control programs
- Increased flow measurement accuracy and water surface elevation measurements.
- Secondary flow measurement for quality control verification.
- Increased accuracy in velocity measurements.
- Flow measurement traceable to NIST with calibration using lab’s 300,000 lb weight tanks.